È disponibile il secondo numero di Mars Transactions, la rivista della Mars Society Italiana. Ecco la lista degli articoli contenuti:
1. “Workshop Progresses AgroSpace for future Mars Missions” (V. Bornisacci – Aerosekur)
2. “From Water to Life: from Phoenix to EXOMARS” (V.Giorgio – Thales Alenia Space)
3. “A New Approach to Human Exploration of Mars” (A. Lorenzoni – Italian Space Agency)
4. “Drive Motors used on Mars and in Medical Technology” (A. Bucheli – Maxon Motor)
5. “Report on Dainese Biosuit System” (D. Manzardo – Dainese)
6. “8th Swiss Geosciences Meeting: On to Marth Vallis!” (P. Brisson – Mars Society Switzerland)
Per acquistare il secondo numero di Mars Transactions clicca qui.
MARS 0 (ZERO) DEFINITION
There will be a special year in the history of the humankind: the one in which the first human being will land on Mars.
The “MARS” community in the world works now to create the conditions to reach this result in the shortest possible time.
We obviously hope that this year will be in this century and if possible before 2050. So we could indicate such a year as 20XY. We know that many factors will contribute to this historical result, among them we can list the followings:
• Political decisions
• Technological innovation
• Private industry
• International cooperation
• Marketing and communication
It is sure that in the year 20XY a new era of the humankind will born, with a huge amount of consequences for the future.
In the past of our history revolutionary events have changed the way humans calculate years, as when about 2000 years ago, with the new Christian religion, people in western world started to calculate the passing of time from the year of Jesus birth instead of the year of Rome foundation (753 b.c.).
It is also possible that the humans who will live on Mars will start to count their years from 20XY. This year will be for them the first year of their history, and for us the scope of our dreams and work.
I think that for this reason we could define 20XY as MARS ZERO.
Let’s put out a challenge to all humans: to reach MARS ZERO as soon as possible!
Antonio Del Mastro
Italian Mars Society President